Definitions for "Vertical Stabilizer"
Keywords:  rudder, yaw, fin, tail, stability
Also known as a vertical fin, this non-moving control surface provides stability about the yaw axis. Report this Word See also: Yaw Axis Added by: mkranitz
The vertical part of the tail. The vertical stabilizer helps to increase the stability of the aircraft. It is also known as a fin.
The large "tail" surface normally found on top of the rear of the fuselage. The rudder is usually installed at the trailing edge of the vertical stabilizer.