The fourth USS Baltimore (C-3) (later CM-1) was a United States Navy cruiser, the second protected cruiser to be built by an American yard. Like the previous one, the USS Charleston, the design was commissioned from the British company of W. Armstrong, Mitchell, and Company of Newcastle.
The fifth USS Baltimore (CA-68), the lead ship of her class of cruiser, was launched 28 July 1942 by Bethlehem Steel Company, Fore River, Massachusetts, sponsored by Mrs. Howard W. Jackson, wife of the Mayor of Baltimore, commissioned 15 April 1943, Captain W.
USS Baltimore (SSN-704), a Los Angeles-class submarine, was the sixth ship of the United States Navy to be named for Baltimore, Maryland. The contract to build her was awarded to the Electric Boat Division of General Dynamics Corporation in Groton, Connecticut on 31 October 1973 and her keel was laid down on 21 May 1979. She was launched on 13 December 1980 sponsored by the Honorable Marjorie S.