Definitions for "Marvering"
Keywords:  graphite, paddle, bead, cylinder, embed
To shape heated glass into a cylinder, it is rolled over a flat marble, stone, or cast iron surface called a "marver", and the process is called marvering. Most bead makers today use a graphite plate or hand held paddle.
rolling hot glass against against a hard smooth surface (a marver); used to embed pieces of coloured glass into hot glass
An ancient technique where hot threads of softened glass are rolled over a flat surface to smooth and fuse the glass and to fix trailed decoration.