toxic condition produced by the absorption of excessive lead into the system
Lead can come into the body in a number of ways: through water that goes through lead pipes, through badly canned food and through small pieces of paint. Victims of lead poisoning may get headaches, dizziness, confusion and problems seeing. They may also become slowly paralyzed, starting with the hands. In very serious cases, it can cause death.
Condition resulting from excessive levels of lead in the body. Typically, children get lead poisoning from chewing or sucking on lead paint in older homes (lead paint was banned in the 70s). Some people remain symptom-free, but others may suffer convulsions, paralysis, learning difficulties or abdominal and other pain. Some people can also develop vision loss.