Definitions for "FILL LIGHT"
Additional light on the opposite side of the camera from the key light to illuminate shadow areas and thereby reduce falloff. Filling is usually done with floodlights.
Used from the side opposite that of the key light, this light softens the shadows created by the key and evens out the lighting ratio
(especially TV and Film lighting) Light which fills the shadows that key light creates.