Four ships of the Royal Navy have been named HMS Agamemnon, after the legendary Greek king Agamemnon.
HMS Agamemnon was a Royal Navy third-rate ship of the line with an armament of 64 guns. She was built at Bucklers Hard on the Beaulieu River in the New Forest, was launched on 10 April 1781, and served until 1809 when she was lost after running aground on a shoal in the mouth of the River Plate.
HMS Agamemnon - Royal Navy battleship ordered by the Admiralty in 1849 in response to the perceived threat from France by their possession of ships of the Napoleon class. She was the first British battleship to be designed and built from the keel up with installed steam power, although, due to the inefficiency of steam engines of the period, it was expected that she would spend much of her time travelling under sail power. She therefore carried a full square rig on three masts, in common with large sailing warships of the period.
HMS Agamemnon was a Victorian Royal Navy Ajax class ironclad turret battleship, the sister-ship of HMS Ajax.
HMS Agamemnon was a Lord Nelson class battleship launched in 1906 and completed in 1908, at a cost of Â£1,652,347.